CCI Health and Wellness Services is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life.
The Dental Assistant works under the supervision of the Dental Center Manager, and is responsible for a wide range of tasks in the Dental Center, including patient care, administrative duties, laboratory and x-ray functions. The Dental Assistant position requires a diverse set of skills: clinical, clerical, interpersonal, and technological. The Dental assistant MUST be Bilingual (English / Spanish) and have a certification to conduct x-rays.
As a member of the health center's integrated care team the Dental Assistant will fulfill the following KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES towards the provision of patient centered, coordinated patient care:
- Sterilizing dental instruments and equipment for each patient.
- Organizing and laying out instruments for Provider's use.
- Handing instruments and other materials to Provider during procedures.
- Providing patient care and assistance to Provider as needed.
- Taking X-Rays of patients' teeth.
- Taking impressions of patients' teeth.
- Make appointments, answering telephones and questions, making follow-up calls.
- Process billing and collections.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of sterile procedures; cleaning specifications of various dental equipment, fixtures, utensils and related materials.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment and maintaining quality control standards.
- Knowledge of methods, procedures and protocols for the handling and disposing of hazardous waste materials.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to foster a positive work environment.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to make appointments, answer phones and questions, contact patients for follow-up.
- Ability to process billing and collections.
- Provide positive attitude and behavior.
- Dental Assistant license a plus.
- Certification to operate X-Ray equipment
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish required.
- Ability to relate to culturally diverse patients and community.
- High School diploma or equivalent.