- 07-Mar-2017 to 06-May-2017 (EST)
- Greenbelt, MD, USA
- Full Time
CCI Health and Wellness Services is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life.
Provide quality behavioral health assessment and counseling and services to individuals, families and groups as directed. Provide case management services as appropriate. Assist in on-going development and evaluation of refugee screening, sexual abuse/assault and domestic violence, and other programs as assigned by supervisor. Works flexibly as part of an integrated primary care team and promotes integrated behavioral health and primary care.
As a member of the health center's integrated care team the Behavioral Health Consultant will fulfill the following KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES towards the provision of patient centered, coordinated patient care:
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to patients' treatment.
- Provide mental health and substance abuse assessments.
- Provide individual, family and group short-term treatment for adults and youth using evidence-based interventions such as CBT, MI or Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on patient's expressed goals. Complete and maintain client-related records in the EMR and reports, on a daily basis.
- Obtain and maintain insurance authorizations.
- Collaborate with other team members to perform clinical assessments or develop treatment plans.
- Refer patients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Act as patient advocate to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Modify treatment activities and documentation as needed to comply with changes in patient's status or accreditation or regulatory requirements.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, or supporting patients, as appropriate.
- Meet with families, probation officers schools or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process with patients or with their written consent.
- Monitor patients' use of medications and encourage their collaboration with prescribers.
- Learn about new developments in counseling and health by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars, or establishing and maintaining contact with other social service agencies.
- Coordinate or direct employee workshops, courses, or training about mental health and substance abuse screening and treatment.
- Provide leadership in integrated care team collaboration.
- Successfully meet productivity targets including group therapy or clinical supervision requirements
- Develop cultural competence and skills needed to work with special populations and programs such as HIV+ patients and refugees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW-C), Licensed Psychologist or Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW)
- Minimum 2 years providing clinical care and/or care coordination to children and families with mental health needs.
- Excellent team-based communication skills with primary care team, supervisors and other CCI staff.
- Ability to define problems, collect and interpret data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and process work to completion.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English) capabilities in reading, writing and speaking preferred.
- Ability to develop therapeutic rapport and engage patients in treatment using clinical skills including Motivational Interviewing.
- Ability to provide crisis intervention services to patients Ability to be flexible, use new ideas, and operate in a fast paced health environment
- Prior experience collaborating with physicians and other health care providers, social service agencies, and/or education system desired
- Outgoing personality and willingness to "do whatever it takes to support high quality integrated care" a plus.
- Enthusiasm for innovation, data driven decisions, clinical and financial outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
** CCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer**