- 14-Mar-2017 to 13-May-2017 (EST)
- Silver Spring, MD, USA
- Full Time
CCI Health and Wellness Services, Inc. is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life.
The Nursing Supervisor, under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), is responsible for the supervision, development, and support of the nursing staff. S/He plans and oversees staff nursing activities, ensuring provider support and patient satisfaction through adherence to evidence based practices, development of and adherence to agency policies, procedures and workflows. S/He works with clinical staff to maintain the role and scope of nursing and utilizes population management strategies aimed to achieve agency defined health outcomes.
The Nursing Supervisor participates in quality improvement initiatives, including maintenance of Joint Commission Certification and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition and collaborates with other senior leaders. Additionally, s/he promotes patients' health through the daily and long-term management and practice of nursing by supporting the provider-patient relationship and facilitating nursing efforts in collaborating with multidisciplinary clinical teams to provide guidance aimed at patient care. Through appropriate leadership strategies and the modeling of high quality patient care, the Nursing Supervisor helps to maintain a culture that fosters patient empowerment, teamwork, and the delivery of high quality, evidence based care.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes, and oversees nursing staff in supporting providers in the provision of patient care.
- Schedules in-service and training for nursing and clinical support staff as needed.
- Assists with clinical support staff recruitment and orientation.
- Ensures that the activities and documentation of supervised staff are in adherence with state nursing standards, agency policies and procedures and licensing and regulatory entities.
- Provides leadership in clinical problem solving.
- Familiarizes him/herself with population health trends and cost efficiencies and applies these in the clinical setting.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing and implementing care Fosters a team-based approach to patient care, grounded in multidisciplinary, population-based, patient-centered approach.
- Promotes a cooperative relationship between teams by building rapport and communicating information in a clear and timely fashion.
- Serves as liaison with other administrative and management personnel.
- Meets nursing standards by contributing information to strategic plans as it pertains to nursing and Care Management in the areas of production, productivity, quality, and customer service .
- Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting nursing philosophies and standards of care, enforcing adherence to state Board of Nursing and state Nurse Practice Act requirements. and to other governing agency regulations;
- Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures.
- Protects patients and employees by participating in the development and maintenance of policies and protocols dedicated to infection prevention, medication management and administration and controlled substance regulations.
- Models the highest standard as related to patient confidentiality and ensures supervised staff follows established policies and procedures as they relate to privacy.
- Provides leadership in the area of Care Management including but not limited to monitoring health outcomes against standards and suggesting improvements..
- Conducts training and support for care management activities, such as development of forms and procedures, supervision of clinical activities, and clinical mentorship and supports for designated staff.
- Acts as liaison to hospitals, MCOs and other community-based services to coordinate care for CCI patients and to develop and strengthen collaborative relationships at the organizational level.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by taking on new and different requests as they fall within this job description; explores opportunities to add value to the position.
- Maintains clinical skills and knowledge necessary to set standards and work in clinical areas of nursing by attending conferences, conducting self-directed learning, and participating in professional organizations and activities.
- Supervises activities of all Registered Nurses.
- Conducts initial, probationary and annual performance evaluations for supervised staff.
- Provides on-site supervision and assistance as needed.
- Provides timely and accurate time keeping in ADP System; monitors and regulates staff use of Paid Time Off.
- Provides necessary coaching and mentorship to nursing and clinical support staff.
- Provides input and recommendations for promotions or corrective/disciplinary actions.
- Precepts nursing students and/or supervises and/or provides mentorship support to staff who precept nursing students.
Required KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited institution.
- Active registered nursing license in the state of Maryland with no history of probationary offense.
- Minimum of five (5) years of clinical nursing experience.
- Experience in Care Management.
- Expertise using Microsoft Excel and EMR/EHR software.
Preferred KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Masters in Nursing
- Three (3) years of experience in managing nurses and/or clinical services preferred.
- Experience in a community health center or FQHC.