CCI is seeking a Patient Representative to act as the point of contact by greeting patients and visitors in person and over the phone, directing them to the appropriate Health Center personnel. The PR will assure that the provision of high quality; cost efficient, culturally sensitive services comply with all Federal, State and Local agency policies and procedures.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Answers the telephone promptly, identifies him/herself and the center, refers calls to the appropriate area, and identifies and refers urgent calls correctly. Accurately communicates phone messages as needed.
- Makes and assists in making return appointments, confirming the patient's current address, phone number, and updates in the computer system as necessary.
- Registers patients into the computer, generating required paperwork for a patient visit. Calls patients to remind them of scheduled visits per center routine.
- Checks in patients as they enter the center, identifies in the system whether they are a "Show", "No-Show", "Walk-In", or a "Cancellation". Completes appointment status prior to the end of the work day.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of patient's arrival (per center routine) and secures patients medical record for use by Medical Assistant.
- Monitors status of reception areas, alerting clinical staff of unusually long patient waiting times or obtaining assistance of any unusual situations including patient conflicts.
- Performs other clerical support functions; filing, scheduling and documentation of appointments or referrals, completes medical records release forms, documents no shows in the chart. Prints provider schedules at the beginning of the sessions. Pulls medical records and reviews by noon the day before the patient's appointment.
- Exhibits and promotes a standard of excellence in the performance of all duties and interactions with patients, co-workers and outside contacts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have at least one year of relevant work experience, preferably in a medical setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience in order to perform office routines and clerical support functions.
- Customer service required.
- Computer skills required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- MUST be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to greet patients and visitors in person or over the phone, and to direct them accordingly.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of customer service and observance of corporation protocol in a hectic and sometimes hostile situation.
- Ability to read and write in order to update patient information/forms, accurately communicate phone messages, and respond to visitors and callers as needed.