- 21-Mar-2017 to 20-May-2017 (EST)
- Silver Spring, MD, USA
- Full Time
CCI Health and Wellness Services is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life.
To coordinate and supervise financial and administrative operations and functions of CCI grants, with primary areas of responsibility including accounting, financial reporting, purchase approval, budget management, and administrative/financial data processing systems. Coordinate and carry out specialized grants management functions.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, implement, administer, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the specific activities of all assigned financial and administrative functions. Develop and modify policies/procedures/systems in accordance with organizational needs and objectives, as well as government regulations.
- Confer regularly with staff to plan and coordinate grant activities, grant budgets and to review work.
- Monitor all delegated grants management, accounting, budget management, and other functions regularly, dealing with a variety of problems that arise on a daily basis. Review and approve major or unusual grant transactions. Prepare various key internal and external reports.
- Coordinate and carry out specialized grants management functions including:
- Work with the Grants Team to coordinate the preparation and submission of federal grants applications, including budget preparation, completion of certifications, compiling of all materials, ensuring compliance with all requirements, communicating with federal grants officials regarding questions or problems
- Oversee and coordinate CCI budget management functions
- Play a key leadership role in coordinating the annual budget development process
- Advise the Chief Financial Officer on budget management strategies monitor budget to actual expenditures, producing regular and special budget reports, performing various budget analyses, calculating budget adjustments caused by revised projections
- Supervise, coordinate and perform a full range of professional accounting duties associated with grants and grants management
- Perform monthly analysis of grants receivable, deferred revenue on grants and income to be recognized for financial statement purposes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or other appropriate discipline
- Two or more years of relevant financial and grants management experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Understanding of nonprofit business operations and federal/state grant and contract funding mechanisms.
- Broad base of relevant technical knowledge and skills related to accounting and financial management systems, with some fund accounting/nonprofit experience desirable.
- Strong planning, administrative, organizational, personnel and budget management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with other CCI staff and affiliated organizations