- 21-Mar-2017 to 20-May-2017 (EST)
- Silver Spring, MD, USA
- Full Time
CCI Health and Wellness Services is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life.
The Health Center Medical Director assists the Chief Medical Officer to help lead the clinical operations of the agency at a specific clinic location. The Health Center Medical Director supports the Chief Medical Officer in long-range strategic planning and in achieving organizational results. Works with other practice leaders (Triad) in maintaining the Triple Aim.
As a member of the health center's integrated care team the Health Center Medical Director will fulfill the following KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES towards the provision of patient centered, coordinated patient care:
- Assists with provider recruitment and orientation.
- Supports agency compliance with policies and standards, helping to ensure that services are consistent with the standards set by accrediting and governmental review organizations.
- Ensures that the activities and documentation of supervised staff are evidence based practices and are in adherence with agency policies and procedures and aligned with specialty standards.
- Attends applicable leadership meetings.
- Attends or sends a delegate to the Quality Performance Improvement (PI) Committee meetings to ensure compliance with and make contributions to the PI Plan.
- Leads monthly meetings with the staff and providers at the practice and contributes to the planning and execution of quarterly clinical staff and annual all-staff meetings.
- Conducts initial, probationary and annual performance evaluations for supervised staff.
- In conjunction with the Triad, coordinates provider scheduling and coverage to insure access.
- Provides clinical services consistent with job description for specialty (pediatrician/family practitioner/internist).
- Responsible for promoting and fostering an atmosphere of teamwork and excellence among staff.
- Supervises activities of all health center providers (MDs, NPs, PAs).
- Provides on-site supervision, coaching, mentoring and assistance to provider staff as needed.
- Provides timely and accurate time keeping in ADP System; monitors and regulates use of Paid Time Off.
- Provides input and recommendations for promotions and/or performance improvement.
- Precepts residents/medical students/advanced practice students and/or supervises and/or provides mentorship support to staff who precept the same.
- Oversees clinic programs at a particular site.
- Conducts probationary and annual evaluations of supervised staff.
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine and successful completion of a residency program.
- Current licensure by the Maryland State free from restrictions or limitations.
- Board Certification in area of specialty.
- Three (3) years clinical experience in acute care setting, preferably a community health center serving culturally diverse and under served patient populations.
- Experience in the development and management of quality, risk and utilization review processes.
- Demonstrated leadership with excellent written and oral communication skills.