- 19-Apr-2017 to 18-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Rockville, MD, USA
- Full Time
CCI Health and Wellness Services is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life.
The Referral Specialist will be responsible for processing referrals for patients to seek medical treatment outside of Community Clinic, Inc.
As a member of the health center's integrated care team the Referral Specialist will fulfill the following KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES towards the provision of patient centered, coordinated patient care:
- Prepares and processes all managed care referral paperwork.
- Schedules appointments for specialists when needed.
- Gathers pertinent information from Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistant staff to complete referrals.
- Contacts various offices/facilities to obtain necessary information to accurately complete referral requests.
- Maintains referral records and files documentation.
- Responds to patient inquires regarding health plan referrals.
- Reviews and updates insurance member lists on a monthly basis.
- Update all status in patient's accounts
- Reviews returned mail for current addresses.
- Participants in educational activities and attends monthly/weekly meetings.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Maintain referral log book.
- Assists patients to fill out applications for specialty programs.
- Maintain Case Management log for patient's face to face contact for more than 5 minutes.
- Obtain pre-authorizations for specialist visits / imaging when necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Knowledge of some medical terminology.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of health care professionals.
- Ability to initiate and maintain working relationship.
- Have understand and knowledge of population and community of service area
- Good community skills: able to listen well, use language appropriately, and able to communicate in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE OR LICENSURE/REGISTRATION:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent, associates degree preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus