- 21-Apr-2017 to 20-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Silver Spring & Gaithersburg, MD, USA
- Full Time
CCI Health and Wellness Services is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life.
The Dentist is responsible for providing diagnostic, prophylactic and treatment services to the patients of CCI within the dental policies and procedures adopted by the Agency. The Dentist reports directly to the Dental Director.
As a member of the health center's integrated care team the Dentist will fulfill the following KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES towards the provision of patient centered, coordinated patient care:
- Provides direct dental care, including exam and diagnosis, X-Ray, placements and restoration, construction of prosthesis, teeth extraction and root canal therapy.
- Coordinates dental services with other professional services.
- Maintains accurate, timely and up-to-date records.
- Maintains cognizance of state and federal regulations and CCI compliance for reporting, licensing and code requirements.
- Maintains records, files, logs and reports in accordance with CCI policy.
- Maintains and cares for equipment.
- Maintains current certification in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
- Participates in and attends meetings, committees, and trainings as requested or needed.
- Promotes and fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and excellence among staff.
- D.S. or D.M.D. from an accredited dental school.
- Licensed Dentist in the State of Maryland.
- Thorough knowledge and practice of current quality dental practices and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships and communicate effectively.
- Experience/Interest in working with a culturally diverse, low-income population.
- Good judgment and decision making ability
- Expertise in computer skills and dental electronic records.
- Flexible, responsible, tactful, resourceful and objective.
- Good health and attendance record.
- Certification in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Demonstrated leadership, oral and written communication, and analytic skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.